Monday, July 30, 2007

Moved!

Into Center City, Philadelphia. Oh, the movers accidentally charged me $1,000 more than they should have, and the Comcast guy spent three hours rewiring the house's built-in ethernet connection - the wrong way - and the back yard isn't useful for the doggy because the city historical commission hasn't given our landlord the permission to build the steps yet, and I can't find the hair cutting scissors so I look like an unfrozen caveman lawyer, and I'm pretty sure, but not really sure that my cell phone charger is at work which I hope it is because my battery sure is dead. And I have to call Apple's customer support to complain about the backwards compatability of iTunes (if you have a video iPod, do NOT plug it in to a computer running iTunes 6. You will not like what happens); Comcast to complain about our installer (seriously, three hours? did he take a nap or something); Sprint because someone (not me) signed me up for their expensive equipment replacement plan when I bought my new phone; and of course Chase bank, to make sure the refund owed to me by the movers goes through (lest I really start complaining).

But.

Everything's out of boxes except for our book collection - and that's like 13 boxes or something - and a bunch of Meg's boxes full of random stuff, much of which was never actually packed because it was never unpacked from when we moved to the last place a year ago (she's funny like that).

The dog is fairly well settled during the day, but pretty much a basket case at night.

Walking to work is infinitely awesome. Having tour buses go by on the street outside your stoop, also awesome. Grocery delivery is awesome. Across the street from a high-end sushi restaurant; awesome. Moving into the city and *gaining* a back yard; totally awesome.

Pictures soon.

No comments: